Monday, October 23, 2006

mouse trap!

 
The other day, I came home to a very frightened Annie (sorry Annie), who was standing on the sofa after a chilling encounter with a mouse. Our first mouse, we captured by hand, using a small round container, but unfortunately, we were unaware that it needed oxygen past a few hours, and it died a horrible death of :( asphyxiation (Warning! Gory details: there were specks of blood sprayed all around the inside of the container).

As for the second mouse, thanks to inspiration provided by from this website, we managed to successfully capture the mouse, using the apparatus as shown in the next picture (it went through several redesigns before reaching this one).

So you can see, the mouse would smell the lamb korma at the end of the precariously balanced toilet tube and climb up the ramp and into the tube and drop into the bucket!

Surprisingly, the mouse was very daring and rather impatient. If you walked toward the mouse and made lots of noise, it would run away and hide, but within 5 to 10 mins it would come back out once again, looking for food to eat! The two mice were also awfully cute!! If they weren't so cute and unmanagable, I would have been tempted to make them pets...

I was so excited, I camped out behind my dining table and waited for the mouse to come out... and lo and behold, it worked! I managed to capture it on video:



And for the next few days, our little mouse lived in our living room, feeding off lamb korma, crunchy nut cereal (it would make crunching noise when it ate the cereal!) and leaving bits of little black poo (looked like black rice) around the bucket, until my housemates forced me to get rid of it. I let it go outside... poor mouse, I wonder what it is up to now? (probably terrorising some other homeowner)

Did I mention that the mouse was realllly cute?

Labels:


 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home