Friday, March 17, 2006

popcorn movies

 
I read here that the combined audience for all five Oscar Best Picture nominations is less than the number of moviegoers who saw The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Wow.

I guess the majority of moviegoers are just looking for two hours of mindless popcorn entertainment. There's nothing wrong with this, but I think it is a pity that often some of the more innovative movies with the best acting and engaging storylines are often passed over for these bloated blockbusters.

other interesting articles on movies:
Movie industry's inertia to going digital
Cens0rship of movies in China

 


3 Comments:

At Sun Mar 19, 02:51:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

true, very true. but well, having said that, i'm one of the "seen narnia but not the winning 5" bunch :p sh

 
At Mon Mar 20, 12:05:00 pm, Blogger jj said...

hehe, I often watch films just for the thrill of it too sometimes, there's nothing bad about that..
just that i think we ought to try out these other films once in a while too ;)

 
At Fri Apr 14, 05:40:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i simply do hear about those other movies' advertisement~~~ hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home