Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A visit to Coton

 


Yesterday, I cycled to Coton for a second time (the first time I arrived, I turned back, having thought that reaching there was enough). When I reached the picturesque village, there were so many different intersections to choose from and explore. How liberating it is just to travel aimlessly, to choose any random path you feel like on the road, without the fear of straying "off-track", at the same time never knowing what is around the next bend.

The feeling is so different from travelling to reach a defined location, where I am always rushing to reach my destination on time. Just like in real life, we are often caught up in a busy schedule of projects and assignments - we always want to cycle faster and keep on striving to reach that final destination, which turns out just to be merely a stopover in preparation for the next one. There is so little time to let ourselves off the main avenue to go and explore those unfamiliar path branchoffs in life.

And it is in these small paths and capillaries where we find those hard-to-find gems which are whole new worlds in themselves, so worthy to be immersed in. But is it really worth becoming lost in it?



Unfortunately, I set out late - by the time I had ventured deep into in this peaceful village, it was already 9pm and the sun was setting fast, so I had to turn back before it got too dark to travel back through the unlit Coton path. Had there been more light, I would have continued.

I guess sometimes, even when we let ourselves go, we must acknowledge that the further we go, the further we are from the 'main' path which we left behind and the longer it takes to return. Will the excitement of the unknown remain novel? Unless we really do want to keep on travelling into the uncertain, the unknown, we should always be able to retread our steps and find our way back to that bustling path.


rabbit colony sighting!

 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home